AN INTERESTING FACT... To celebrate the bicentenary of the Battle of Trafalgar (1805) and acknowledge the extraordinary achievements of Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson, in 2005 LINLEY collaborated with the National Maritime Museum, London to offer this authenticated recreation of the chair Nelson used aboard the HMS Victory. After Nelson’s death during his victorious battle against the French and Spanish fleets at Trafalgar in 1805, his elder brother and heir William became Lord Nelson and was presented with the estate of Standlych in Salisbury, renamed Trafalgar House, as a gift from the grateful nation. In 1947 the fourth Earl Nelson bequeathed the Trafalgar House Collection to the National Maritime Museum. In 1947 the collection contained this chair which, according to an account published by that same earl in 1904, just before the Trafalgar centenary, "was the last chair on which the Admiral ever sat." It, along with other Nelson heirlooms within the collections, was the object of much reverence. A careful study of the original chair was made in order to create the LINLEY Nelson chair that mimics the dimensions and design of the original chair owned by Lord Nelson.