LINLEY is synonymous with beautiful design for the home. With a world-renowned reputation for fusing innovative design with superlative cabinet-making, LINLEY is a place where heritage is preserved and cutting edge ideas are welcomed to create items that are unique, intriguing and built to last.
When LINLEY officially opened its doors in 1985 the abiding philosophy and brand ethos was – and remains – superlative craftsmanship, distinctive design and exemplary service. Over the years, with passion and commitment and in the pursuit of excellence, LINLEY has developed an international reputation for creating furniture, accessories and interiors that represent British designed craftsmanship at its very best.
In addition to the retail collections and private commissions, LINLEY’s award winning interior design team works with commercial developers and private clients on projects both in Great Britain and international markets.
Bespoke Sales Administrative Assistant
We are looking to recruit and Sales Team Administrative Assistant who is dynamic and highly organised to support our busy and dedicated Bespoke Sales Team. Reporting to the Head of Private Clients the ideal candidate will be well organised, and confident dealing with high level individuals as well as proactively managing all aspects of smooth running of Sales Team administration.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude combined with the following skills:
• Ability to manage and prioritise internal / external demands on your time
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Outstanding interpersonal skills (face to face and on the telephone)
• Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly in draft documents and contracts
• Able to be diplomatic and discrete at all times
• Proficient at MS Office including Excel
• Full secretarial and administrative support for up members of the Bespoke Sales Team and ad hoc support to Retail Team.
• Co-ordinating deliveries for Commission Sales Team via Parcelforce, Fedex, Addison Lee, DHL.
• Co-ordinating furniture deliveries in the UK and shipping abroad for the Sales Team via our nominated delivery suppliers.
• Collaborating with the senior sales executives to prepare client presentations.
• Work closely with internal departments such as Finance, Marketing and Production to ensure the sales administration processes run efficiently.
• Database management – including adding and maintaining contacts.
• Providing Retail cover at the LINLEY Showrooms when required.
• Answering Sales Team telephone calls into the Company.
• Involvement in marketing and sales evening events including attendance as appropriate.
• Continue and develop direct involvement, as appropriate, with clients, interior designers and suppliers and responsibility for placing orders and all delivery co-ordination.
• Processing accessories orders, including invoicing, boxing and delivery.
• Managing the Sales Team Pipeline and Long List for Sales Meeting
• Send weekly visitor report and sales figures to David Linley
• Sending samples on request of Sales Team
• Helping to manage eporta site
• Create Certificates of Authenticity and manage customer journey process
• Set up tea, coffees, pastries etc for meetings
Please note that this job description is indicative of the duties required and not exhaustive. This job description will be periodically reviewed and may be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
To apply, please send your CV to Samantha Wiltshire at [email protected]
Support the NPD Manager in maximising the profitability of the business area through improved product development, on time reception, reduced product quality issues and re-sourcing projects.
1. Manage the technical aspects of projects/products for the business area ensuring all responsibilities are delivered in line with business & legal requirements
2. Work with test houses where appropriate to ensure compliance and due diligence, maintaining company information systems in line with requirements
3. Manage technical aspects of re-sourcing projects for the business area to deliver agreed cost saving KPI’s and off set price increases.
4. Working with the product developer, design studio and sourcing offices to ensure all products are executed in terms of construction, fittings, means of production, finish, raw material, packaging, assembly instructions, labelling etc. to agreed quality and customer standards
5. Help the Product Developer & NPD manager in product sign off process for new product development to ensure on time reception for collection launch and prevent QC related issues within agreed KPI’s
6. Contribute throughout the product development process to ensure designs meet customer expectations and legal requirements.
7. Be responsible for any quality problems which occur with existing products ensuring a quick resolution to any issue and maximising claims recovery for the business area.
8. Analyse current products to identify where product quality can be improved, and cost efficiencies realised, without compromising the design integrity
9. Work with sourcing offices to continuously improve all aspects of product quality, thus maximising sales and reducing quality related issues to agreed KPI’s
10. Assist the NPD Manager in implementing sourcing strategy to provide a flexible and efficient supplier base, consolidating suppliers where necessary
11. Highlight and provide a business case for any training/ development the members of the technical team may need to increase competence and skill levels
12. Manage travel and sample budget for the technical requirements.
13. Undertake any specific projects in conjunction with the NPD Manager / Sourcing colleagues with a view to effecting long term strategic improvements within the business.
14. Provide excellence in customer service to internal and external customers listening to and understanding their needs and responding in a customer focused manner.
The Successful Applicant
• BA Hons degree in furniture or product design
• Minimum 2 year’s experience in a retail technologist role working within furniture & homewares
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate clearly across all mediums with countries whom English is not their 1st language
• Good computer skills in word excel and email
• Good Auto cad abilities (or similar transferable skills)
• Be self-motivated and entrepreneurial
• Be able to commute to central London on a daily basis with possible international travel in the future (valid passport with no travel restrictions)
• Own car will be an advantage but not essential
• Salary will be between £23-30k depending on experience and performance in interview.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Junior Sales Associate
We are looking for a passionate full time Junior Sales Associate with experience in luxury goods to join the LINLEY retail team. Based at the LINLEY concession in Harrods you will be involved in generating retail sales to an elite and demanding client group .
Personable, engaging, effective and efficient you will continually aim to meet and exceed your sales targets and KPIs while maintaining a positive outlook in the most challenging situations.
You will be able to multi-task in high-pressured situations and apply good work ethics during our quieter periods, drawing on your past clienteling experience to quickly establish an impressive client book while nurturing long term client relationships.
You must have proven experience within a similar role and a solid understanding of what it means to deliver superior customer service.
In return LINLEY offers a competitive salary, 22 days holiday, membership of a company pension scheme and life assurance.
Looking for that next step in your career, apply today!
To apply, please send your CV to Gary Tiernan at [email protected]